Ohio Soybean Harvest Virtual Farm Trip for Middle/High School Students
October 19, 2023
This 45-minute virtual field trip will connect students in grades 6-12 directly with a northwest Ohio soybean farmer for a ride-along in his combine as he harvests soybeans.
- Get a live tour of an Ohio soybean farm and ride in a combine during harvest
- Learn how a combine works and how grain is stored in and transported through an elevator
- Learn about trade/distribution and the impact of soybeans locally and around the globe
- Discover the uses and benefits of Ohio soybeans
- Find out how farm ecosystems work, including how soil health, weather/water cycles, and inputs contribute to yields
- Find out about the variety of careers available for STEM students in agriculture
- and more!
Backed by funding from Ohio soybean farmers and their checkoff program, GrowNextGen brings agriculture science to the classroom by providing real-world educational tools to engage the next generation workforce.