Virtual Farm Trips are brought to classrooms and other audiences free of charge courtesy of our forward-thinking agricultural partners. These organizations provide the farmers, special guests, moderators and funding able to bring agriculture to life through the Virtual Farm Trips platform.
Hosting Virtual Farm Trips and Becoming a Partner
Today's communication tools change the way we expect to connect, share and learn. Increased access and transparency is now expected from those who grow and sell the food we consume. Virtual Farm Trips offer live streaming video and interaction directly with farmers, rolled into a memorable, lasting and unrestricted experience that builds credibility with your audiences.
Budgets, permission and safety and security concerns are making traditional field trips a rarity these days. However, a Virtual Farm Trip brings the farm to your audience without these concerns at a lower cost to you...as low as just a few dollars per person reached (or less in many cases)!
Virtual Farm Trips also put your farmers and organization front and center as a trusted resource and thought leader for your audiences when it comes to getting real, authentic information about agriculture.
The benefits of partnering to host trips through Virtual Farm Trips are many. Below are just some of the benefits that you'll gain through our program:
- A proven framework and customizable program with near unanimous praise that eliminates start-up hurdles and helps you hit the ground running.
- Technological and logistical support from more than half a decade hosting Virtual Farm Trips to help you effectively connect with your audience.
- Provide unprecedented access to farms and food producers in real-time for your key audiences.
- Accommodate hundreds of connections at a time to a farm with no security or safety concerns.
- A low-cost opportunity to provide high-impact experiences, for merely dollars (or less) per person reached.
- Increased shelf-life and online search visibility through recorded Virtual Farm Trips posted to your online assets.
- An easy-to-implement agriculture in the classroom activity that is repeatable and fresh that keeps teaches coming back for more.
- Provide a platform for farmers or employees that have been through leadership/spokesperson training to use their learned skills to advocate for agriculture.
- Increase reach, effectiveness and transparency with consumers by openly connecting with a curious public.
- Create lasting and memorable impressions with today's and tomorrow's consumers by positioning yourself as a trusted thought leader and resource for agriculture.
We provide our partners a customizable framework, along with support needed to get a successful Virtual Farm Trips program off the ground for their organizations. This includes, but is not limited to:
- A planning and strategy process includes work plans allowing for complete customization to fit your needs. We'll determine the scope of your trips to best fit your desired audiences and put together a promotional plan with customized materials and methods to help you reach them.
- A constantly-reviewed and evolving technology checklist helps make sure you have all the proper hardware and software required to conduct trips.
- We'll train and work with your staff and farmers involved in trips to ensure they have a solid grasp of the program, agenda/flow of programs, and their roles.
- We handle ALL communication with those registering for your trips, provide tutorials and individualized personal assistance to prepare them (and their technology) for their trips.
- Live support and production to ensure all runs smoothly so you can focus on connecting with your audience.
- Recording and minimal editing of each trip, which is then posted to your online assets for residual viewing.
- Pre- and post-event evaluations with participants help inform final reporting at the end of your program to gauge success and find areas for improvement.
- Hosts and Farmers: We do not currently provide hosting/moderating services or farmers for your program.
- Reliable Connectivity: Farm locations should have solid 4G connectivity and/or reliable high-speed Wi-Fi connectivity if hosting within barns.
- On-Farm Setup: We provide technology recommendations and will connect with partners for on-farm technology tests, but we do not travel to or provide on-farm setup and testing.
- Availability: Partners should be prepared to be involved in planning and strategy sessions, as well as trainings.
- Promotional Channels for Desired Audiences: It is recommended that partners also have a promotional outlet/channel to get the word out about their trips. However, we can provide assistance with this if necessary.
Throughout the years we have been conducting Virtual Farm Trips, there have been zero incidents where any of these concerns have materialized.
- Mechanisms are in place to verify and communicate with each registrant prior to a Virtual Farm Trip.
- The link to your Virtual Farm Trip is private, and is not shared with those who have not completed the required registration form and processes associated with each trip.
- While we cannot fully guarantee somebody won't "slip through the cracks," mechanisms are in place to allow us to disconnect any unauthorized or ill-behaved participants in a Virtual Farm Trip.
Please click here to complete our contact form or to contact our Virtual Farm Trips manager directly.
We will schedule a time to talk with you to learn more about your interest and provide recommendations and a proposal for a potential Virtual Farm Trip package.
Once in contract, a draft work plan is created and kickoff meeting is held to get started on your program! Virtual Farm Trips may be held as quickly as two months after an agreement is in place.